The Northants Fifty Plus Network required a website to promote their network and increase membership numbers. The website design is aimed at older members who are less confident internet users. The magazine style layout enables the various elements of the network to be highlighted on the home page: from coach trips to regular events, membership to videos on key issues facing the elderly.
The website includes membership functionality, events management, member level specific content, online payment with Paypal and video categories.
The implementation of advertising of the site enables the network to also generate part of their income from the website.
The event management functionality has led to an increase in members signing up for coach trips and there has also been an increase in overall membership. With the integration of PayPal, the network can now receive donations (with no fees) and members can pay for the coach trips online. This greatly reduces the off-line processing for the volunteers of the network. Good use of search engine optimisation and social media integration has led to a 90% increase in unique visitors to the website. The WordPress training has enabled the volunteers to update the website content and also manage their events. The website now has a very healthy split of 40% returning visitors and 60% new visitors and the network is growing all the time. The bounce rate is at the lower end of the industry standard for a content based website.
The integration of social media with the website has enabled the network to build an active online community via the website, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
We provided bespoke training to the network to ensure they could update and manage their own website. Support is provided on an adhoc basis.
I am the Chairman of The Northants 50 plus Network, a small charity that seek to help and serve older people in our County. 2 years ago all our funding was withdrawn by the County Council and we were in a bind.
The work of Dave Andrew has helped us significantly to overcome our difficulties and included:
- A redesigned and more modern web site has helped us to reduce costs and increase our income.
- Dave constantly maintains our site and adds information of interest to our members.
- His help with Paypal and training some of our board has helped us to begin the transition to a 21st century organisation.
- Our members are now more aware of what we do and offer and are beginning to book and pay online for events they want to enjoy.
- Our “hits” have jumped up, the number of members enjoying our events has also dramatically improved.
- Thanks to Dave’s work and our vision a near moribund group has regenerated to a younger fitter network, now starting to use Facebook, twitter and several other such sites.
I am very happy to recommend Dave Andrew for his help, commitment and hard work in the rebirth of The Northants 50 Plus Network.
Ray Hutchins, Chairman
Discount Rates for Charities
We provide discount rates for registered charities, so if you want a new website or to upgrade your existing website to a responsive HTML5 website, please get in touch.